- 12 – 15 hours a week
- Assist with museum social media and promotional materials;
- Work with SCM staff to create a marketing plan;
- Communicate well with visitors. Remain polite, courteous and helpful;
- Be a strong team player with a proactive attitude;
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with all SCM staff;
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and within the Museum’s standards; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience and a demonstrated comfort level with social media platforms;
- Basic graphic design experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups from diverse backgrounds;
- Must have the ability to remain calm, be flexible, and foster positive social skills;
- Must be comfortable with being responsible for a broad variety of tasks;
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must review and adhere to SCM’s COVID-19 protocols.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
Sacramento Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.