Sacramento Children’s Museum is seeking enthusiastic, creative, and motivated individuals to assist with summer camp. Summer Camp Play Facilitators are expected to provide leadership and supervision for children ages five through eight. Daily responsibilities include ensuring a safe environment and engaging campers in creative activities and learning experiences. All applicants must be able to work Monday through Friday for the camp season.
Job Title: Summer Camp Play Facilitator
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 1:30pm, 25 hours per week
Dates: June 20th – August 5th. No camp the week of July 4th. Orientation and staff training the week of 6/13, exact training date to be determined.
- Supervise groups of up to 15 campers Monday – Friday for the duration of camp season
- Follow all COVID-19 safety protocols
- Positively engage and interact with children through play
- Safely manage students in the museum
- Prep, set-up, and clean-up any class materials before and after camp each day.
- Assist or lead campers in hands-on activities including art and science
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with campers, parents, and other staff
- Be a strong team play with a proactive attitude
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with all SCM staff
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination required.
- Available to work the entire summer camp season
- Experience working with children preferred
- Be creative, flexible and imaginative
- Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service and communicate effectively with children and caregivers
- Bilingual preferred
Email resume to email@example.com. Please put Summer Camp Play Facilitator in the subject line.