Coming Soon: September 25, 2023 to January 14, 2024
“Measurement Rules,” introduces the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) concept of measurement to children through interactive, hands-on experiences. Children can gauge height, distance, volume and other measurements in relation to the world around them using traditional and not-so-traditional tools. At this exhibit, visitors can:
- Tinker with instruments such as calipers, height gauges and go/no-go gauges.
- Build their own ball ramp to experiment with time and speed
- Measure their own volume in cubic-inch blocks
- Explore volume at an open bead table
- Play with balance using objects and standard scales
- Find out how many chickens they weigh, and much more!
Experience Measurement Rules!
Hours & Cost
September 25, 2023 through January 14, 2024
2:00pm to 6:00pm
$5 per person ages 1 and up
Friday, Saturday & Sunday*
10:00am to 4:00pm
$9.50 per person ages 1 and up
Fri – Sun admission includes admission to general museum exhibits too.
* Sunday Free to Rancho Cordova residents with proof of address
SCM Members always free.
Are you a Girl Scout or Boy Scout troop? Visit Measurement Rules! for FREE on Thursdays! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Measurement Rules Field Trips
Book your field trip today!
- Field Trips are available on Mondays – Thursdays.
- Each field trip is a 90 minute session.
- Groups have exclusive use of Measurement Rules exhibit.
- Visit includes a facilitated activity.
- Guest count includes both adults and children. A small group is up to 30 guests and a large group is up to 60 guests.
- Cost varies according to group size.
- $300 for a small group field trip.
- $600 for a large group field trip.
- No food and beverages inside the museum.
- Each child goes home with a free pass for a future visit to SCM.
Measurement Rules! was created by the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. Local presenting sponsor is the City of Rancho Cordova Community Enhancement Fund.