Full-time/Part-time/Seasonal: Part Time
Compensation: $17.50 – 19.00 /hour
Sacramento Children’s Museum is seeking enthusiastic, creative, and motivated individual(s) to assist with our school outreach and educational programming. Educators are expected to facilitate interactive enrichment that includes art, STEM, music, and play programming. A qualified candidate should be organized, reliable, punctual, and enthusiastic about working with young children and their families. Position will report to and work closely with the Education Director.
All applicants must be available to work during school hours with occasional weekend or evening availability.
- Engage small and large groups of students in a welcoming, energetic, friendly, outgoing and professional manner
- Supervise field trip groups
- Collaborate with Museum management and staff to further develop and enrich educational programs
- Lead museum visitors in hands-on activities
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with children, parents, and other staff
- Be a strong team play with a proactive attitude
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with all SCM staff
- Follow all COVID-19 safety protocols
- Demonstrated teaching experience with children ages 0-8 in a classroom, recreational, or afterschool settings
- Expertise in STEM, art, music, or theater education for early learners is highly desirable
- Be creative, flexible and imaginative, performance experience is an asset
- Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service and communicate effectively with children and caregivers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak with ease in front of groups of children and adults from diverse backgrounds while remaining calm, flexible and fostering positive social skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination required.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with “educator application” in the subject line. Applicants can also submit their resume through the careers contact form.
Sacramento Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer