- Up to 24 hours a week
The Sacramento Children’s Museum seeks a Play Facilitator to play a key role in the Museum’s day-the-day operations. Play Facilitators work primarily on the Museum floor in all exhibition galleries, interacting with children and adults as they play within the Museum. Additionally, Play Facilitators lead activities and programs while maintaining the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive visitor service at all times. A qualified candidate should be experienced, creative, and enthusiastic about working with young children and their families.
- Positively engage and interact with children through play throughout the Museum;
- Constantly circulate in assigned exhibit areas and respond promptly to visitor needs;
- Maintain Museum floor and exhibits;
- Assist visitors by providing pertinent information regarding Museum exhibits, programs, and services;
- Perform Museum opening and/or closing procedures;
- Enforce Museum policies and safety rules in all exhibit areas;
- Communicate well with visitors. Remain polite, courteous and helpful;
- Be a strong team player with a proactive attitude;
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with all SCM staff;
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and within the Museum’s standards; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience working with children ages 0-8 in classrooms, museums, recreational settings, and/or afterschool programs;
- Currently enrolled in or has completed coursework in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Teaching Credential, or equivalent preferred;
- Must be flexible with work schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings;
- Expertise in art and science education for early learners is highly desirable;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups from diverse backgrounds;
- Must have the ability to remain calm, be flexible, and foster positive social skills;
- Must be comfortable with being responsible for a broad variety of tasks;
- Bilingual skills preferred; and
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
To apply, please submit the careers contact form and include a resume or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sacramento Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.