- Up to 24 hours a week
Sacramento Children’s Museum seeks a Sales Assistant to play a key role in the Museum’s day-to-day operations. The Sales Assistant will provide data entry, admission’s desk and phone support to Museum’s programs while maintaining the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive visitor service at all times. A qualified candidate must be able to work weekday mornings and have database and cash register experience, be creative, and enthusiastic about working with young children and their families.
- Process new and renewed memberships;
- Process donations;
- Prepare bank deposits;
- Effectively communicate information about events, programming, and promotions;
- Positively engage and interact with museum members and guests;
- Assist with member, donor and promotional mailings;
- Maintain museum store sales and inventory;
- Open and close museum and museum store cash register daily;
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with all SCM staff;
- Be a strong team player with a proactive attitude;
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and within the Museum’s standards;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work weekday mornings and have the flexibility to work some weekends
- Experience in a customer service role;
- Experience using a cash register;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups from diverse backgrounds;
- Proficiency in Google Drive; fundraising and membership database
- Must have the ability to remain calm, be flexible, and foster positive social skills;
- Must be comfortable with being responsible for a broad variety of tasks;
- Bilingual skills preferred; and
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
To apply, please fill out a careers contact form and submit resume or forward your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com with “Sales Assistant” in the subject line.
Sacramento Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.