Your Group’s Day of Exploration
Follow these four simple steps to get started:
- Read all the information below
- Fill out and submit a Group Visit request form
- Agree to our terms and conditions
- You will receive a phone call within 3 business days to finalize your reservation.
Group Visit Criteria
Group Visits are recommended for children Preschool-2nd grade. Exceptions will be considered for mixed age groups. Groups must be affiliated with a school (public, charter, state, private, home), preschool, school district, County Office of Education, childcare facility, camp program, or a non-profit children’s organization.
Group Visits include 1.5 hours of self-guided exploration of the Children’s Museum. When your group arrives, a Children’s Museum staff member will greet you, review our rules and logistics, then your group will be free to explore the museum at their own pace. An announcement will be made on our intercom when there is 10 min left of your Group Visit.
Please Note: If your group arrives late, we cannot guarantee an extension of your visit.
From February-August 2023
- Private use of museum
- Group size must be 30 or more
- Mixed with general public
- Highly recommended for Kindergarten age and younger
- Group size must be 30 or less
From September-January 2023
- Monday – Thursday
- 9:30am – 11am or 11:30am – 1pm
- Recommended for kindergarten – 3rd grade.
All group sizes include students, teachers, staff and adult chaperones. We require one 1:5 adult/child ratio.
- Groups of up to 30: $300
- Groups of up to 60 $600
- We do not have food service or indoor eating areas available anytime including during inclement weather.
- We do not allow food or drinks (water OK) inside the museum at any time. This includes beverages for adults as well (IE: Starbucks, Peets, Dutch Bro’s etc…). We have a refillable water station available.
- Bring your own snacks and lunches and enjoy them on our outdoor lawns. For groups who will be eating on our lawn please keep in mind that we do not provide tables, chairs, blankets or store food.
Visits to the Sacramento Children’s Museum are a hands-on, immersive, indoor experience where students are encouraged to explore our art studio and think creatively. We have cubbies available for storing jackets, water bottles and backpacks. Please beware that our cubbies do not lock.
- Closed toe shoes only!
- No crocs or slippers
- Children should wear clothes that may get dirty or stained.
- All groups requesting a visit are REQUIRED to fill out a Group Visit Request form at least two weeks in advance. If you do not fill out a Group Visit request form ahead of your visit we will not be able to accommodate your group.
- There is no deposit or payment required when submitting a Group Visit request form.
- Once the Group Visit request form is received a member of our team will contact you within 3-5 business days. If your request is approved, you will be sent an invoice. You will have 14 days after receipt of the invoice to make the payment in full or your reservation will be suspended.